- In the event that video clip shows any recognizable living clients and/or recognizable personal stats, authors want to demonstrate that permission happens to be acquired. in case a patient permission kind ended up being given to the relevant article, you don’t have to give you this once more for the movie.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that movie sites that are sharing. Usually they are standard options from your own modifying computer software. a thorough guide is offered by the vimeo site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail therefore will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account regarding the Hightail site. Please include the journal’s name along with your manuscript ID number when you look at the message field – this will allow us to fit your video clip to your paper. Your movie has to be gotten by the time which you get back the modifications for the article evidence, at the really latest. Please be aware that in the event that you try not to precisely label your video clip or you skip the due date, this might cause delays in publication of both your article additionally the video clip.
All movie abstracts are going to be examined for suitability because of the editorial group and book is certainly not fully guaranteed. In certain situations editors may request edits into the movie.
Movie abstracts are embedded inside the research article online and additionally posted individually from the journal’s YouTube channel. They truly are published beneath the exact exact exact same copyright terms while the article.
Article processing fees
During distribution, writers can select to possess their article published open access for GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU authors). Writers also can elect to publish their article in color for the print version – as opposed to the standard choice of black colored and white – for GBP 250. There are not any distribution, web page or colour that is online-only fees.
To learn more about available access, funder compliance and institutional programmes please click the link.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 information policy. We strongly encourage that data created by your research that supports your article be produced available at the earliest opportunity, anywhere legitimately and ethically feasible. A Data must be contained by all research articles Availability Statement. For lots more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s Data Sharing Policy that is full web page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the author that is submitting enough time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are highly motivated to additionally connect their ScholarOne reports to ORCID. We highly think that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs should be very theraputic for the entire research community.
Please find more details about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the under article kind specifications like the necessary article lengths, pictures, dining dining table restrictions and guide counts. The term count excludes the name web web page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and references. Manuscripts ought to be because succinct as you possibly can.
For further support when creating your distribution please relate to the resources available from the BMJ Author Hub. Here you will discover informative data on writing and formatting your quest until the peer review process and advertising your paper. It’s also possible to need to utilize the language modifying and interpretation solutions given by BMJ Author Services.
If the article is accepted it is possible to make use of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos , a free of charge solution to assist you increase your article’s reach.
Articles reporting research may be complete size or brief reports. Papers should generally be no more than 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, recommendations, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may sporadically be produced for this, particularly in the truth of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in basic shorter documents may well be more competitive for book. The editors will think about the merits associated with the instance for extended documents for a case-by-case foundation, but documents much longer than 5000 terms will never be considered. Writers are strongly motivated to see or watch the suggested length restrictions, as extortionate length may disadvantage an otherwise acceptable paper offered the room restrictions regarding the log.
Writers ought to include a part entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the messages that are key the research the following:
- What exactly is currently understood with this topic. In 2 or three sentence that is single points please summarise hawaii of clinical knowledge about this topic. Be clear and particular, perhaps perhaps maybe not obscure.
- Just just exactly What gaps that are important knowledge occur with this topic.
- Exactly just just What this scholarly research adds. In a single or two sentence that is single points give a straightforward response to the concern ‘ just What do we now understand due to this research that people failed to know before?’. Be brief, succinct, certain, and accurate.
Term count: generally up to 3500 terms
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
sources: no limitation, but be sure to use recommendations just as required
this informative article kind is susceptible to interior and peer review that is external
Brief reports are reduced variations of initial articles, must not meet or exceed 1500 words, and may also add one figure or table.
This short article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external.
Letter (original research)
Research letters meant for publication ought to be a optimum of 500 terms, 10 recommendations, plus one dining table or figure. Those answering articles posted when you look at the log ought to be submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters must not replicate information provided into the text of a write-up. They need to have name, a methods that are brief, outcomes and a conversation.
This short article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external.
Unique communications are documents which do not report initial research information but which offer a conversation, analysis, or article on a specific subject. Generally speaking these ought to be 3500 terms or less, with shorter efforts advantaged in consideration of room limits.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and often outside peer review.
Review articles offer overview of the literary works, frequently concerning a specific topic, country, or region that is geographical. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, will include an abstract with all the after headings: objective, data sources, research selection, information removal, information synthesis, and conclusions authors review that is submitting and reports associated with the link between meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of no more than 250 words underneath the after headings:
- Objective – The abstract has to start having a accurate statement for the main objective associated with the review. The main focus for this declaration must be led by if the review emphasises facets such as for example cause, behavior, intervention, populace, or avoidance. It should add details about the certain populace, intervention, publicity, and test or result that is being evaluated.
- Information sources – A succinct summary of information sources should always be provided, including anytime limitations. Prospective sources consist of professionals or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and posted indexes, registries, abstract booklets, seminar procedures, recommendations identified from bibliographies of relevant articles and publications, and businesses or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. If a database that is bibliographic used, the precise indexing terms employed for article retrieval must be stated, including any constraints (for instance, English language or individual topics).
- Learn selection – The abstract should explain the requirements utilized to pick studies for step-by-step review from among studies defined as strongly related this issue. Information on selection will include specific populations, interventions, results, or designs that are methodological. The strategy accustomed apply these criteria must certanly be specified – for instance, blind review, opinion, numerous reviewers. The proportion of initially identified studies that came across selection requirements should really be stated.
- Data removal – instructions utilized for abstracting data and evaluating information quality and legitimacy (such as for example requirements for causal inference) ought to be described. The technique through which the rules had been used should really be stated: for instance, independent removal by multiple observers.
- Data synthesis – the primary outcomes of the review, whether quantitative or qualitative, should really be stated. Practices utilized to acquire these total outcomes must be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the outcomes that are major were pooled and can include odds ratios or impact sizes and in case feasible, sensitivity analyses. Numerical outcomes is followed closely by self- self- self- confidence periods, if relevant, and precise quantities of analytical significance. Evaluations of testing and diagnostic tests should deal with dilemmas of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver characteristic that is operating, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis will include summarisations of success characteristics and related variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies must be stated, including variations in therapy protocols, co-interventions, confounders, result measures, follow through, and dropout prices.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications must certanly be plainly stated, restricting generalisation towards the domain associated with review. The necessity for brand brand brand new studies are recommended.
Term count: by settlement, but generally speaking 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, numbers and sources)
this informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external.